The core focus of the initiative is to live an authentic life exemplary of the Christian faith both locally and globally. This means that we love all people as we love ourselves in all of our interactions; that we strive to promote ecological sustainability; that we empower children and youth through participation, social engagement, inclusion & curiosity towards life and finally that we inspire other people by actively communicating our values and visions.
Power On has won the Jugend hilft price from Children for a better World e.V., the Volunteering Award from Leuphana University Lüneburg and HelferHerzen Award from DM. Beside Power On is supported from the Robert-Bosch-Foundation through the program Die Verantwortlichen, from the BBE through the Civil Academy and from Projecttogether.
Currently we are running seven projects:
- Kids-Camp (one week of fun, action, project groups for education for sustainable development)
- Youth-Construction-Camp (one week of constructing tree houses etc)
- Academy (long term support for youth from poor social backgrounds who want to change their community)
- Festival (regional bands and artists, input and encouragement through seminars and workshops)
- INSA (Exchange with South Africa to promote SDGs)
- INTA (Exchange with Tanzania to help building up a children’s home)
- Cape2Cape (Solar powered campervan going from North Cape to Cape of Good Hope visiting social projects on the way)