ASCENDIA is a SME established in 2007, based in Bucharest, Romania, and the first eLearning company listed on the Bucharest Stock Market - symbol "ASC". The main area of expertise is developing eLearning custom solutions and products. In eleven years of existence, the company's team, consisting of 30 members, has developed more than 8000 interactive eLearning objects for ages 3 to 50+ and more than 1100 hours of educational content (corporate & academic).
Some of our projects:
1. eLearning modules and learning management systems delivered for companies from the banking, insurances, IT, military, services, pharmaceuticals and telecommunications industries
2. the EduTeca collection - 14 applications with educational games for preschool kids
3. digital and printed textbooks for the National Ministry of Education in Romania
4. More than 500 hours of eCourses for schools and high schools in different languages and for different subjects
5. Astronomy by Ascendia Design - the 7th iBook Textbook ever published in the world
6. First Romanian educational application launched on Smart TVs (2013) with Samsung
Taking into account that eLearning translates in general to a sum of last hour technologies combined to deliver the online training experience, we easily develop any kind of related software - corporate applications, web design and web development, applications for mobile phones and tablets.
The company's expertise has been awarded by the nomination of Ascendia as representative of Romania to the World Summit Award for education, with an astronomy application, as well as by winning the Silver prize at the Best Game category of ZF Mobilio 2013, with an eLearning application. In 2013 another educational software for kids won the "Best educational content for kids" for Romania, prize issued in the name of the European Commission. In 2014 Ascendia was again awarded at European level by receiving the European Commission "eSkills 2014 - Digital Entrepreneurship Award" for EU.
Starting 2016, Ascendia is a Bucharest Stock Exchange listed company, having the trading symbol "ASC".