AccoglieRete, Association for the Protection of Unaccompanied Foreign Minors (MSNA), is an association that promotes the role of legal guardians for unaccompanied minors.
What ACCOGLIERETE does:
• Facilitate the provision of support to unaccompanied children through legal services, cultural mediation and counselling;
• Recruits, train and offers supports to voluntary legal guardians;
• Take the oath and formalise the appointment as legal guardians by the competent judge;
• Meet cultural mediators to interview the minors about their migration project;
• Support in the submission of the necessary requests for legal protection to the competent authorities;
• Support possible reunification processes with family members;
• Provide counselling to legal guardians during the whole process.
AccoglieRete approach is based on the role of legal guardian as a fundamental element of the mechanism of support and care for unaccompanied minors. The institutions, civil society and the press have recognized such innovative and effective approach publicly.