SOLIDARIDAD SIN FRONTERAS – SSF is a Spanish non-governmental organisation composed of interdisciplinary professionals. Our mission is to contribute to the development, integration and wellness of the most vulnerable groups, promoting tolerance, justice, and social responsibility in cooperation with other organisations and public institutions. SSF promotes a wide range of projects, training activities, courses, seminars, studies and research, and public activities on social, political and cultural issues, defending the right to education and freedom of education.
Our objectives are:
• To promote the integration and coexistence of migrant, refugees, asylum seekers, adult, families and young people at risk of exclusion.
• To foster awareness, education and solidarity in order to achieve responsible communities and promote their development.
• To encourage and promote equal opportunities and integration of people through training, use of and access to information.
• To foster social cohesion among people and different societies, as a cornerstone for building a more just and equitable society.
SSF has an extensive background and experience in comprehensive attention to people at risk of exclusion, such as migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, children and young people, among others. In order to conduct a comprehensive and cross-sectional attention to these groups and to accomplish the mission and objectives of SSF, several instruments are used, such as:
• Implementation of actions to support professional training process and awareness on these topics.
• Designing and implementation of projects and programs focused on citizenship integration and participation in society.
• Designing and implementation of development and education for sustainable development projects.
• Development of research, analysis and recommendations for further actions to different government and social actors (professional tools).
MAIN WORK AREAS
• Immigration and integration.
• European Projects, development cooperation and co-development.
• Research, training and awareness.
• Volunteerism and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) actions.
SSF technical expertise in serving disadvantaged populations include activities and tools such as:
• Methodologies and tools to improve labour market inclusion for youth migrants and asylum seekers; to support educational staff working with youth migrants, and to improve the intercultural competences of professionals.
• Group workshops/Training of trainers on topics related to psychosocial and social integration and participation of youth migrants, asylum seekers and refugees.
• Group workshops on social and political participation of these groups.
• Workshops on legal counselling to foreigners, young immigrants, women victims of gender violence and families.
• Research in different social and political issues.