Our Invention, the Garbage-flattening machine is safely to operate with, mechanical, durable and, manually operated by persons wanting to dispose of their waste and, be green/environmentally friendly.
The general public who would normally throw the plastics, bottles, cans, cartons as they are into the container would easily and safely operate with this machine in order to crush the items to a fraction of their original volume. The machine is designed for public bins, thus will have bigger impact (mindset, economic and environmental).
The machine is designed in a way using entertaining element to also educate our children in the importance of such action as well as saving Planet’s resources as an overall concept. It is branded outside with a key message to the end-users stating the importance and the impact of their "Single simple action that leads to saving of X, Y, Z resources".
We believe the change in the mindset is to be done step by step, action by action, message by message, day after day. Garbage Crusher can contribute a single step towards City efforts to change the mindset of people - Imagine every day 1,500,000 people will read our message onto the garbage bins. Approximately, if 75,000 bins in Munich (as we estimated), that would be 75,000 permanent communication points.
In terms of communication, it would be more efficient communication versus just distributing posters and leaflets since the message will reach the people and their minds at the exact momentum, at the right place, every time you throw the garbage. Then, the action “use the machine” is immediately following the message – you have to take the decision now, while information on printed advertising materials do not always catch the right momentum.
The machine flatten 90% of the total garbage – all plastics, cans, carton boxes. It is easy to operate by children and women – no need to squeeze the items by hand.
It solves two problems for the city councils:
- The collection frequency and costs may be reduced by at least 5-6 times. If crushed at the collection point, six times more waste will be able to be put into the same bin while today 90-95% of the garbage goes to the bins not flatten.
- To meet the problem with the increasing garbage volume, there is no need to place garbage bin next to garbage bin. Instead you can retro-fit our machine to the existing bins.
The machine has five Competitive Advantages combined versus all existing alternative solutions:
- Crushes mixed (90%) of garbage
- Designed for public bins, thus bigger impact
- Fits any bin size, retro-fit and new bins
- No need to touch the garbage after crushing
- Single action for the end-users, throw and crush at once
7-10 different messages will be printed onto 7-10 batches of the machines produced, for example: "A single easy action saves …", "Less garbage volume means …", "Flatten the garbage …", "When garbage is not crushed, it sometimes overflows. Why be still surrounded by …".