Develop with elected officials, inhabitants and visitors an interactive application allowing to act concretely and locally for its health and its territorial well-being.
Health and territorial welfare are emerging issues in Europe. They make it possible to tackle regional development challenges by refocusing public policies and mobilizing municipalities and inhabitants.
Following a study conducted in 2017 on indicators of health and well-being, an inventory is now available for the 37 Grand Narbonne municipalities. The objective is to develop a tool in order to target, with each Mayor, the strengths and areas of improvement in each commune.
This will be done in conjunction with the regional environmental health programme “Occitanie 2017-2021” and counting on the areas of competences of Grand Narbonne: water, sanitation, public transport, spatial planning and development, in particular the territorial coherence scheme (SCOT) currently under review (2017-2020), habitat, climate plan, economic activity, sport, culture
In order to allow each inhabitant and visitor to act for his / her health, we now wish to develop an application allowing to share the key data on its environment and informing about the concrete actions that can be carried out on the territory.
Where to buy healthy products easily, how to get around on foot, by bike, by public transport or car-pooling, how to find a specialist for medical care and how to get there from a small village, what kind of plants to choose at home to avoid allergies, what aids to renovate its housing?
All these questions and so many others deserve a global reflection and local and updated answers, requiring a network of resource persons to help drive change.
The innovation will consist in the development of an application based on the demands of the inhabitants, thanks to a public-test panel for the design of the tool. The tool will be interactive in order to facilitate the user feedback regarding the areas of improvement.
Target community and Location
- The challenge will take place in Area of Grand Narbonne: 37 municipalities in the department of Aude, in the Occitania region, in France, along the Mediterranean Sea. The whole territory is concerned, 93 km².
- The target group adressed by this challenge:
- will be represented by the 37 Mayors and direct appointments will be organised in order to involve them.
- as well all all the inhabitants of Grand Narbonne (125 000 inhabitants) are concerned. We will be organising a test group of citizens through the development board visitors.
- Tourists through a test group via the Intercommunal Tourist Office.
- Link between your organisation and the targeted community. The inhabitants of the territory who contribute financially with their taxes to the resources of the Grand Narbonne, and electors of the municipal councillors, among whom are elected community counsellors of Grand Narbonne. Tourists participate to municipal and inter-municipal resources thanks to the tourist tax and the economic spinoffs of their activities.
- Link between the organisational vision, plan, strategy of the challenge owner, and the challenge being posed: Strong link with Grand Narbonne 2030 Development plan (political project)
- Previous effort to work on this challenge by challenge owner: IN'ESS’s experience in innovation, digital, in connection with various services of Grand Narbonne; the project bearer will benefit from a dedicated project team and our support structures.
- 5 Project Team membres and 440 agents of the Grand Narbonne mobilized in administration project in a decentralised manner. Close connexion with the municipalities working on territorial development, urban and spatial planning, as well as on water, transport, energy matters.
 IN'ESS is a community equipment dedicated to supporting professional projects, creating activities and testing new models of economic development.
We look for a solution:
- In order to reach the population, especially young people
- In order to work in a decentralised and integrated manner
- In order to obtain direct feedback from the inhabitants on public policies, on subjects affecting them personally and concretely
The range of solutions should respond to these questions:
- How to update doctor’s yearbooks in real-time?
- How to make sale sites known?
- How to link different themes on the same application?
- Grand Narbonne will make available to the companies, all the actors and decision-makers necessary for the success of this project. This challenge lies in a real willingness of Grand Narbonne to make the territory more attractive, allowing the inhabitants to live in the best conditions.
- A person in charge of the Territorial coherence scheme - SCOT will be managing the project, handling the tool monitoring and assuring that the best accompanying structures dedicated to the innovation of the territory will collaborate with the solution provider.
Full description of this challenge here : https://goo.gl/YCMx53
The Challenge Owner
Grand Narbonne Communauté d’Agglomération
Urban Community. The territorial area of Grand Narbonne comprises 37 municipalities in the department of Aude( Occitania region, France) along the Mediterranean Sea and covering a territory of 93 km².